Techno RV Forum

Discussion boards
It is currently Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:10 pm
Select variation:

RV roof

Anything that does not fit in an existing category

Moderators: Techno Eric, Techno Tami

by Lit » Fri May 19, 2017 4:12 am

I cave problems with my RV roof. It's leaking. I drove once under rain and after that I noticed that water was leaking on my walls. I checked all roof but didn't see any holes. After month it repeated so what's your advice?
Lit

by FrankByMonster » Fri May 19, 2017 5:42 am

I think that Flexible RV Roof Repair will help you and will solve this problem. If you didn't see holes that let water leak then let do it other people. And after that don't forget about waterproofing to not make it happen again in the future
FrankByMonster

by Northsite » Fri May 19, 2017 8:38 am

A friend just had RV ARMOR put on his roof. It looks like a really excellent roof doing all the things they claim it does. It solved his leak problem. It was $130 a linear foot, but there may be "deals" that can be made.
Northsite

by jamesham » Fri May 19, 2017 8:52 am

I have always had good luck with Dicor Lap Sealant over cracks and gaps to seal water out from roof leaks. It comes in a caulk tube and is a gooey self-leveling mess to apply, but it holds with minimal surface cleaning and prep. The long term repair is the clean the roof well, dry completely, and apply gallons of roof sealer. Many different products available depending on the roof: EPDM, TPO, fiberglass, metal, etc. I have used the Dicor white rubber product on my EPDM motorhome roof with good results. Not cheap, and it took 5 gallons of the stuff, and about 4 days labor.
Jim Hamilton
jamesham

by TomN » Fri May 19, 2017 9:25 am

The leak could be coming in where your awning attaches to the side of motor home. You did not tell us what type of roof you have or model of motor home.
TomN