Main Menu

User Menu

Login

Techno RV Forum

Discussion boards
It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:10 pm
Select variation:

WiFi Camp Pro Kit Setup

Here is the place to discuss and get answers around boosting WiFi signal in your RV

Moderators: Techno Eric, Techno Tami

by TheUnitasker » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:20 am

I have recently purchased a WiFi Camp Pro Kit for use in our travel trailer. In watching the setup and installation video, it seems that the repeater must first be setup on a device with an ethernet connection (such as a laptop computer). We only have mobile devices (iPad Mini 2 & Kindle Fire) with us when we are camping. None of them have an ethernet connection. We do NOT have a desktop or laptop computer in our camper.

So how do we go about setting up the repeater to connect to the campground's WiFi network without using a computer?

Thanks.
TheUnitasker

by Gerry kc0cat » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:01 am

I'm not familiar with that kit, but on most units you need to access the setup page once the first time you use it. The only way to access it would be with a computer so you are able to access the page and can change values with your keyboard. If you are on Facebook go to the Internet for RVers group and ask the question. I'm sure they will know.
Gerry kc0cat

by TheUnitasker » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:59 pm

Not on Facebook, so hoping for a response from either Techno Eric, Techno Tami or someone who knows for sure. But thanks for the response.
TheUnitasker

by RoyMaye » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:07 am

You might try going to the local library to use their computer for the initial set up. Take the device and paper and pen to write down the info you apply to the device. Another option might be using the Geek Squad at Best Buy.
Good Luck.
RoyMaye

by TheUnitasker » Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:24 pm

Let me explain a little better. With this booster and repeater, I have to program the repeater at each and every campground where I want it to work. Programing the repeater requires an ethernet connection between the repeater and a computer of some sort (obviously that has an ethernet port). There are no libraries or Best Buys @ remote campgrounds and my camper did not come equipped with a computer.

So is my only viable option to purchase a used laptop with an ethernet port to keep with the camper in order to program the repeater at each location ... or is there a non-ethernet method of programing the repeater at the campground?

Hopefully someone from TechnoRV is familiar with my system and problem and will answer my question.
TheUnitasker

by Techno Eric » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:21 am

Hi there,

Sorry for the delayed response, I missed this one somehow. You do not have to use the ethernet cable to go through the set up. Once you plug the repeater into power and connect the booster to the repeater, then you should now see the repeater as a WiFi option to connect wirelessly to. Just like if you were going to connect wirelessly to any other router, ,you just do the same to connect to the R36 repeater. Once you have connected wirelessly, you can now just follow the instructions to go through the set up. Hope this helps.

Eric
Techno Eric

by TechnoPatriot » Wed May 10, 2017 6:46 pm

@TheUnitasker
If you need an Ethernet port - get a USB to Ethernet adapter. They can be gotten for between $10 - $20. The are a great alternative to not having an Ethernet port.
TechnoPatriot