Techno RV Forum

Discussion boards
It is currently Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:03 am
Select variation:

TST Repeater

All things about tire safety

Moderators: Techno Eric, Techno Tami

by KTM5151 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:04 pm

Does anyone have a TST Tire Pressure Monitoring System and use the TST repeater? If so, where did you install it? Did you connect straight to the batteries? Or did you tie it into a light fixture? Or install a switch?

I am adding sensors for my tow vehicle and am considering a repeater.

KM
KTM5151

by epsmith2000 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:41 pm

I mounted mine in top of the closet across the back of my bedroom. NO switch, just directly wired to the hot wire and ground going to that closet light.

It gives off such a romantic glow when powered, I wanted it on all the time. Even with the mirror door closed, it still give off a kool light. Makes are darn good night light to assist moving around in an otherwise dark room.

Ed
epsmith2000

by Dean Diver » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:58 pm

I have a Holiday Rambled Endeaver 40 ft. Motorhome. I pull a 20 ft. Hallmark inclosed trailer hauling a Mini Cooper. The repeater is fused and installed in my battery compartment. The compartment is the second basement door from the rear. The repeater works great.
Dean Diver
Dean Diver

by paintedtugboat » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:59 pm

Ditto. Wired into the closet light for power. Mounted on the wall at the closet ceiling.
paintedtugboat

by Tinman » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:18 pm

I have a 37' Journey and I tow a Escape. The system is mounted on the side window glass and never needed a extra transmitter. If you read earlier post, the TPMS saved my beacon twice.

Jim
Tinman

by teachers pet » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:28 pm

I mounted our repeater about 2" from the ceiling on the back wall of our across rear closet. Power source is the closet light wiring.
teachers pet

by Plumber » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:46 am

The store in Cummings, Ga installed my repeater directly to the battery terminals located just behind the nose of my 5th wheel camper.
The repeater is said to prevent interferences from other nearby vehicles with electronic devices. I chose the flow through transmitters so I could easily add or subtract air as I enter different climates.
Plumber
Plumber

by Joezilla » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:54 pm

We ordered our new 2016 43' DRV Mobile Suites Atlanta with the TST flow through sensors system. With sensors on all 6 RV tires and the normal display plugged in in my Dodge Ram dually, we had no issues with tire readings. I see no need for a repeater.

I must say, I am pleased with the TST system. On our previous system, we had the Tire Trakker system from TechnoRV, but never got it to work reliably. We left it on the trade in RV and did not look back.

Joe
Joezilla

by Techno Eric » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:48 pm

I agree Joezilla,

The TST units have proved reliability and we have had no issues or support calls for these units. Anyone looking for a TPMS should consider the TST based on experience from people like you and many others.

Eric
Techno Eric

by lewengel » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:36 am

Has anyone done any testing of your TPMS? I found on my "brand X" TPMS that if a sensor is removed when the monitor is off that it takes up to 20 minutes for the monitor to go into alert after I turn the monitor back on. Please post your results. Thanks Lew
lewengel

by Techno Eric » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:40 pm

Hi Lew,

The TST sensors are pressure activated. If the unit was on, and you unscrewed a sensor, then it would alarm immediatly. If the unit is off, and a sensor is removed, then it does not see it as a loss of pressure when it is turned on because it never registered in the first place. Before I leave for a trip I always turn my TST system on, and within 5-10 minutes all sensors have pinged information forward to the monitor and I am ready to go. If a sensor did not register then my first assumption is that I have a low battery. If I have recently changed my batteries then I would assume that the sensor was not pressure activating, and I would go and unscrew the sensor and screw it back on. If a sensor was missing, then of course I would see it at this point. You are correct though, if there is no sensor to register, then it will see it as a lack of communication rather than a loss of pressure. It will only alarm immediatly on the loss of pressure, and not the loss of communication. As far as I know all TPMS systems operate this way. The down side of this for all TPMS systems is that if you completely lose a tire, then this is a communication loss, and not a pressure loss, and therefore you would not get a alarm. You would likely know it anyway if you lost a tire, but if it was on a tow vehicle then maybe not.

Hope this helps.

http://www.technorv.com/TST_RV_Tire_Pre ... _s/110.htm

Eric
Techno Eric