Main Menu

User Menu

Login

Techno RV Forum

Discussion boards
It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:57 am
Select variation:

After Setup I get Connected/No Internet

Here is the place to discuss and get answers around boosting WiFi signal in your RV

Moderators: Techno Eric, Techno Tami

by Not4IRS2 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:35 am

I set up my WIFI booster according to instructions but when I connect to the booster I get Connected/No Internet. The PC troubleshooter says I have an issue with my DNS. WHat does this mean? How can I make it work? There is no problem with the WIFI I am connecting the repeater to because I can connect to it directly with no issues. Can someone help me?
Not4IRS2

by Techno Eric » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:39 am

This sounds like an IP conflict, but I will need some additional info:

Specifically what system do you have?
Are you connecting at a RV park or at home?
Is this a system you purchased from TechnoRV? If not where?

Eric
Techno Eric

by Not4IRS2 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:57 pm

I have the WIFI Camp-Pro package from Techno-RV. This is at a home. I used it at my home and it worked great but I keep getting this DNS issue here at my daughters house. I am working OK without it with her WIFI but it worries me that I might encounter this problem at an RV site. I need WIFI for my work so I can't afford to get to a site and find out I can't get good WIFI.
Not4IRS2

by Techno Eric » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:20 pm

Hi,

I figured you were at a home address. Most of the time when you are connected, and cant get to the internet, it is because of an IP conflict. These IP conflicts are very rare at a RV park, but more common with residential home routers.

Sounds like you are fine direct connecting at this house, which I would always recommend if you are close enough to the source.

If you want to check and see if it is a IP conflict then connect to the repeater and go into 192.168.2.1
Once you are on the main set up screen note the addresses next to WAN IP Address and the address next to Primary domain name server. There is only one number that matter in this to determine if there is a IP conflict and that is the .2 after the 168. If both of them have a .2 then you have a IP conflict.
If this ever happens in a RV park the solution is to change the IP address on the repeater and this will immediately resolve this. To change the IP address on the repeater then click the advanced tab, and then LAN. On the next screen you will see the IP address. Simply change the .2 to .3 and click apply. This should fix it.
Now remember, if you do this, that going forward to access the set up screen you will now put in 192.168.3.1, instead of .2.1.

Hope this helps,

Eric
Techno Eric