Main Menu

User Menu

Login

Techno RV Forum

Discussion boards
It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:33 am
Select variation:

Different Repeater

Here is the place to discuss and get answers around boosting WiFi signal in your RV

Moderators: Techno Eric, Techno Tami

by RHIBDriver » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:05 pm

I just purchased a desktop booster and waas wondering if its possible to use a linksys ea6200 router in place of the R36 repeater? What configuration problems would I have with this setup? The router does have a USB port on it.
RHIBDriver

by Ross » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:35 pm

Are you wanting to boost your cellular signal or increase the wifi signals around you. If you are wanting to have a router to utilize multiple devices, I would not use Linksys, In my opinion, since Linksys was bought out by a Chinese company, their quality is not what it use to be. I use a Netgear R7000 router with very good success. It is not a cellular signal booster, it is a wifi router. We have 2 printers, 2 laptops, and 2 cell phones connected. Also, I have 1TB hard disk attached to the router which is used to automatically back up both pc's. We use it in our motorhome with it in the back closet. In out house it is in the far end, and it works very well for our 1,900 sq ft, 1 1/2 story house. Our purpose is to be able to print from all the devices and to back up the pc's.
Ross

by RHIBDriver » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:47 pm

I was going to use this router in the RV so that I could connect multiple devices throughout. Utilizing the desktop booster to bring the CG signal inside. I had this old router laying around collecting dust and thought that it could be used in lieu of the R36 repeater.
RHIBDriver

by Techno Eric » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:22 pm

Driver,

I am sorry I missed this post. The Alfa Desktop booster will not work with the router you have. Your best bet is to use the R36. The Alfa products are a bit finicky, and speak the same language of their counterparts. I have only heard of one other router that would work with it and it is a booster router. A standard home router will not speak the same language.

Eric
Techno Eric